General Refund Policy
If you are not sure if your product qualifies for a return use our Product Returns Decision Tree.
2021 Winter Term
Last day to return Grad & Undergrad winter term textbooks (purchased December 2, 2020 to January 19, 2021) Friday, January 22nd, 2021
Last day to return MBA winter term textbooks (purchased December 2, 2020 to January 22, 2021) Wednesday, January 27th, 2021
McMaster Continuing Education (MCE) Text Returns Last day for MCE text returns is two weeks from the start of the first class.
All of the return timelines noted below apply to both in-store and online purchases, so please make note of these when placing your order. Return timelines for purchases made through the Campus Store website are calculated from the date you receive the goods to the date that your return package is postmarked. Any returns falling within the guidelines are gladly accepted. Shipping costs are NON-REFUNDABLE.
Holiday Refund Extension: To accommodate holiday purchases the refund deadline for Clothing, Giftware, General Books and Stationery will be extended. All purchases made after November 1st will be refunded until the last business day of January.
Textbooks must be returned in original, unopened packaging and in new condition. Do not write in, mark or read your textbook or open any accompanying software until you are certain about your courses. Textbook refunds are limited to the beginning of each term. Course materials refund dates are posted online and in store.
All custom courseware is NON-REFUNDABLE.
Digital Course Materials - E-Text & Access Codes
All digital course materials are NON-REFUNDABLE
Required Course Supplies & Surgical Supplies
All stationery and supply items required for a course, as well as surgical supplies and equipment, are NON-REFUNDABLE.
Winter 2021 – Lab Coats & Scrubs can be exchanged for a different size as long as the tags are still attached and garments are unwashed and unworn.
General stationery, office supplies and merchandise from the Computer Department may be refunded / exchanged within 14 days from the date of purchase, provided it is unused and in the original unopened packaging. In some circumstances, a 10% restocking fee will apply.
Clothing may be refunded / exchanged within 14 days from the date of purchase, provided it is in the original condition, tags are attached and it is unwashed and unworn. Personal items such as earphones, hats, footwear and undergarments are final sale and NON-REFUNDABLE.
Software is NON-REFUNDABLE.
All special order merchandise, including configured-to-order, personalized or other customized product, is NON-REFUNDABLE and may not be returned for refund or exchange under any circumstances unless deemed as defective under manufacturer’s policies.
Defective merchandise will be handled in accordance with the manufacturer’s warranty. It is the customer’s sole responsibility to forward the defective products to the original manufacturer.
General Reading and Clinical Reference Books may be returned within 14 days provided that the book is in new condition and HAS NOT BEEN READ. All special order merchandise and test preps are NON-REFUNDABLE.
All Sale, Clearance, or Discounted items are final sales and NON-REFUNDABLE.
All Returns Require a Cash Register Receipt
With each online order, you receive two receipts; one digital, when your order is processed, and one physical, enclosed in the box with your shipment. We recommend that you hold onto these receipts for your records. Please check your spam folder if you cannot locate the digital receipt in your inbox. If you are gifting the item to someone, you can also request a gift receipt during the checkout process so the recipient can exchange the gift if needed. The recipient will require a gift receipt or a copy of the original receipt in order to make an exchange.
If you paid for your Campus Store order using a chartfield account, we have a self-service option available for departmental and research MOSAIC charge look-ups.
Frequently Asked Questions
Have a question about your purchase? Need to do a refund or exchange? Review our Campus Store FAQ's for guidance.
The Campus Store service window will REOPEN MONDAY, FEBRUARY 22, 2021. The service window is located inside the main Campus Store entrance vestibule, adjacent to the student centre and Mills Library quad. Web order pick-ups and refunds are handled through this window. COVID cleaning protocols are currently in place, and customers are required to practice social distancing and to wear face-covering while inside the vestibule. Location: Gilmour Hall (GH) B-101, GPS Coordinates: 43.26320456736503, -79.91851676891689.
Return of Merchandise Purchased Online
For Returns, you are responsible for covering the cost of shipping the goods back to the store or for bringing the return to our service window (reopening February 22nd, 2021) during our hours of operation. In the case of an exchange, the store will cover the cost of shipping any replacement goods back to you.
- Prior to returning your item, please review the information provided on this page to ensure the goods are eligible for a refund and that you are within the return timelines. If shipping a textbook, your box must be postmarked on or before the refund deadline.
- If living locally, you can visit our service window (reopens Monday February 22nd, 2021).
- If you cannot visit our service window, you are responsible for the packing and the shipping of the merchandise back to the store: McMaster Campus Store, Gilmour Hall B101, 1280 Main Street West, Hamilton, ON L8S 4L8. We recommend that you use recorded (trackable) delivery to return items to us as the goods are your responsibility until we receive them. Please include a note with why you are returning the item, in addition to your proof of purchase (receipt or order confirmation email).
- Return timelines for purchases made through the Campus Store website are calculated from the date you receive the goods to the date that your return package is postmarked. All of the return timelines noted above apply to online orders, so please make note of these when placing your order. Any returns falling within the guidelines are gladly accepted. Shipping costs are NON-REFUNDABLE.
Timelines for Processing of Refunds
Refunds processed in store will generally take 2 to 3 business days to be refunded to the original card. If you are shipping a return back to us, the refund will be processed upon our receipt of the physical goods and will appear on your card within 2 to 3 business days.
Exchange of Merchandise Purchased Online
Prior to exchanging your item, please review our refund policy to ensure the goods are eligible and that you are within the stated timelines.
Service Window Exchange:
- Place an order for the new item you would like to purchase and select pick-up at service window.
- Wait to receive your pick-up notification via email.
- Come to the service window (reopens Monday, February 22nd, 2021) with the receipt and items you would like to return from your original order along with your receipt.
- We will refund this item for you and have your new order ready for pick-up.
Expedited Shipping Exchange:
- Fill out a web order inquiry form with the details of what you would like to exchange. Note: You will need to reorder this item in the correct size/colour on our website, but we will provide you with a free shipping promo code so that you don’t have to pay for shipping on this order.
- In the case of an exchange, you are responsible for the packing and the shipping of the merchandise back to the store: McMaster Campus Store, Gilmour Hall B101, 1280 Main Street West, Hamilton, ON L8S 4L8. We recommend that you use recorded delivery to return items to us as the goods are your responsibility until we receive them. Please include a note with why you are returning the item, in addition to your proof of purchase (receipt or order confirmation email). We will process a refund this item upon receipt of the goods.
Shipping Exchange of Items Received as a Gift:
When receiving a gift, you did not make the original purchase and therefore, would not benefit from a refund, eliminating the expedited exchange process. When exchanging a gift the process is slower as we need to wait for the original goods to arrive back at the store prior to shipping out your exchanged item(s). Please fill out a gift return inquiry form so that we can confirm that the item(s) are in stock prior to you shipping the items back.
- Once we confirm that we have the item(s) in stock, you are responsible for the packing and the shipping of the merchandise back to the store: McMaster Campus Store, Gilmour Hall B101, 1280 Main Street West, Hamilton, ON L8S 4L8. We recommend that you use recorded delivery to return items to us as the goods are your responsibility until we receive them.
- Please include a copy of the gift receipt along with a copy of the email correspondence with the Campus Store, authorizing the exchange.
- Once we receive your shipment we will send the exchanged item out to you, covering the cost of shipping.
Error with your Order
If an item is missing from your order, be sure to check if you've been charged for it. If we have an issue with stock availability, we may have removed an item from your order. We do our best to reach out to customers regarding this but may have missed sending you an email. If an item does not appear on your receipt, then you have not been charged for it.
Frames are shipped directly from the manufacturer and take 4 to 6 weeks to arrive. Merchandise ordered with frames is shipped separately from the store and normally arrives well in advance of your frame shipment. Don't worry, we have your frame shipment all organized, and you will receive an updated tracking number once the frame ships.
If we made a mistake when packing your order, please reach out to us using our web order inquiry form with details or the error and we'll contact you to resolve the issue.
Course Materials Dropped off the Course by your Instructor
If your Instructor has dropped a book from their course, then the store will provide you with a prepaid return shipping label so you can send the goods back to us. Please fill out our web order inquiry form with details of the materials affected and we will contact the Instructor of the course to confirm.
If you’ve dropped a course or no longer require a book, but the book is still associated with the course, then you are responsible for covering the cost of shipping the book back to the store.
Goods Damaged in Transit
Any damages or short shipments must be reported within three days of delivery / pick-up. Please fill out a web order inquiry form. Be sure to take photos of any damage to the packaging as well as photos of the damaged merchandise itself. The staff member following up on your inquiry will request these images as they are used in our discussions with the shipping company.
Pick Up Policy
Hamilton is currently in the gray lockdown zone and both the physical Campus Store as well as the Campus Store service window is now closed.
Holiday Refund Extension
To accommodate holiday purchases the refund deadline for Clothing, Giftware, General Books and Stationery will be extended. All purchases made after November 1st will be refunded until the last business day of January.