General Refund Policy
2019 Fall Term
Last day to return Grad & Undergrad winter term textbooks (purchased December 2, 2020 to January 19, 2021) Friday, January 22nd, 2021
Last day to return MBA winter term textbooks (purchased December 2, 2020 to January 19, 2021) Wednesday, January 27th, 2021
CCE Text Returns Last day for CCE text returns is two weeks from the start of the first class.
Textbooks must be returned in original, unopened packaging and in new condition. Do not write in, mark or read your textbook or open any accompanying software until you are certain about your courses. Textbook refunds are limited to the beginning of each term. Course materials refund dates are posted online and in store.
All custom courseware is NON-REFUNDABLE.
Digital Course Materials - E-Text & Access Codes
All digital course materials are NON-REFUNDABLE
Required Course Supplies & Surgical Supplies
All stationery and supply items required for a course, as well as surgical supplies and equipment, are NON-REFUNDABLE.
Fall 2020 – Lab Coats & Scrubs can be exchanged for a different size as long as the tags are still attached and garments are unwashed and unworn.
General stationery, office supplies and merchandise from the Computer Department may be refunded / exchanged within 14 days from the date of purchase, provided it is unused and in the original unopened packaging. In some circumstances, a 10% restocking fee will apply.
Clothing must be in the original condition, have the tags attached and be unwashed and unworn. Personal items such as earphones, hats, footwear and undergarments are final sale and NON-REFUNDABLE.
Software is NON-REFUNDABLE.
All special order merchandise including configured-to-order, personalized or other customized product, is NON-REFUNDABLE and may not be returned for refund or exchange under any circumstances unless deemed as defective under manufacturer’s policies.
Defective merchandise will be handled in accordance with the manufacturer’s warranty. It is the customer’s sole responsibility to forward the defective products to the original manufacturer.
General Reading and Clinical Reference Books may be returned within 14 days provided that the book is in new condition and HAS NOT BEEN READ. All special order merchandise and test preps are NON-REFUNDABLE.
All Sale, Clearance or Discounted items are final sales and NON-REFUNDABLE
All Returns Require a Cash Register Receipt
With each online order, you receive two receipts; one digital, when your order is processed, and one physical, enclosed in the box with your shipment. We recommend that you hold onto these receipts for your records. Please check your spam folder if you cannot locate the digital receipt in your inbox.
If you paid for your Campus Store order using a chartfield account, we have a self-service option available for departmental and research MOSAIC charge look-ups.
Frequently Asked Questions
Have a question about your purchase? Need to do a refund or exchange? Review our Campus Store FAQ's for guidance.
With the weather turning colder, our Service Window has relocated inside. It is now located at our roll-up window (aka the Hole-in the Wall) in the basement of Gilmour Hall adjacent to our Campus Store interior entrance. To locate us, follow the signs from where the Student Centre meets Gilmour Hall. The Service Window will facilitate online order pick-ups and refunds. COVID cleaning protocols are currently in place, and customers are required to practice social distancing and to wear face-covering while inside the vestibule. Location: Gilmour Hall (GH) B-101
Return of Merchandise Purchased Online
If the Campus Store has sent the wrong item when packing your order or if the Instructor has dropped a book from his course (to be confirmed by Instructor), then the store will provide you with a prepaid return shipping label so you can send the goods back to us. To request a prepaid shipping label, please fill out a web order inquiry form.
For all other purchases, you are responsible for covering the cost of shipping the goods back to the store or for bringing the return to our service window during our hours of operation. In the case of an exchange, the store will cover the cost of shipping any replacement goods back to you.
- Prior to returning your item, please review the information provided on this page to ensure the goods are eligible for a refund and that you are within the return timelines. If shipping a textbook, your box must be postmarked on or before the refund deadline.
- If living locally, you can visit our service window.
- If you cannot visit our service window, you are responsible for the packing and the shipping of the merchandise back to the store: McMaster Campus Store, Gilmour Hall B101, 1280 Main Street West, Hamilton, ON L8S 4L8. We recommend that you use recorded (trackable) delivery to return items to us as the goods are your responsibility until we receive them. Please include a note with why you are returning the item, in addition to your proof of purchase (receipt or order confirmation email).
- Return timelines for purchases made through the Campus Store website are calculated from the date you receive the goods to the date that your return package is postmarked. All of the return time lines noted above apply to online orders, so please make note of these when placing your order. Any returns falling within the guidelines are gladly accepted. Shipping costs are NON-REFUNDABLE.
Exchange of Merchandise Purchased Online
Prior to exchanging your item, please review our refund policy to ensure the goods are eligible and that you are within the stated timelines.
Service Window Exchange:
- Place an order for the new item you would like to purchase and select pick-up at service window.
- Wait to receive your pick-up notification via email.
- Come to the service window with the receipt and items you would like to return from your original order along with your receipt.
- We will refund this item for you and have your new order ready for pick-up.
- Fill out a web order inquiry form with the details of what you would like to exchange. Note: You will need to reorder this item in the correct size/colour on our website, but we will provide you with a free shipping promo code so that you don’t have to pay for shipping on this order.
- In the case of an exchange, you are responsible for the packing and the shipping of the merchandise back to the store: McMaster Campus Store, Gilmour Hall B101, 1280 Main Street West, Hamilton, ON L8S 4L8. We recommend that you use recorded delivery to return items to us as the goods are your responsibility until we receive them. Please include a note with why you are returning the item, in addition to your proof of purchase (receipt or order confirmation email).
Processing of Refunds
Refunds processed in store will generally take 2 to 3 business days to be refunded to the orignal card. If you are shipping a return back to us, the refund will be processed upon our receipt of the physical goods and will appear on your card within 2 to 3 business days.
Goods Damanged in Transit
Any damages or short shipments must be reported within three days of delivery / pick-up. Please fill out a web order inquiry form. Be sure to take photos of any damage to the packaging as well as photos of the damaged merchandise itself. The staff member following up on your inquiry will request these images as they are used in our discussions with the shipping company.
Pick Up Policy
Items will be held for pickup for 30 days from the date of initial notification. If you are unable to pickup your purchase within 30 days of initial notification please fill our web order inquiry form and we will extend the hold to a maximum of 60 days. Please note that the refund policy & timelines noted above apply.
Holiday Refund Extension
To accommodate holiday purchases the refund deadline for Clothing, Giftware, General Books and Stationery will be extended. All purchases made after November 1st will be refunded until the last business day of January.