Tips for Buying the Right Scrubs for Your Program
Being comfortable while maintaining a professional appearance with a well fit uniform is important. When you visit the Health Sciences Campus Store, you will find samples to try on to make sure you buy the correct fit. There are size charts available on the scrubs page to help you with your choice when trying on scrubs in person is not possible. These charts depict a range of body sizes that each size will accommodate, not the actual size of the garment.
Remember, you are, first and foremost, a Health Care Professional and a professional appearance is important to the way people perceive you.
Choosing the Right Size Scrubs
- Scrubs should be loose enough to allow for a full range of motion, yet snug enough that they will not get in the way while you are working.
- Tops should not gap in the front when you bend over or ride up and show off your stomach. They should also be long enough that when you bend over, you do not show off your back or underwear.
- Pants should fit well around the waist. They should not slip down when you bend over. Also, it is important to be aware of the length, as your pants should not drag on the floor.
- As long as your scrubs are neat and tidy, minor alterations, such as hemming the pants or adjusting the length of the top, are acceptable.
Mandatory Scrub Colours:
Carribean Ocean Blue
Personal Support Worker
Medium Blue (Royal Blue)
Diagnostic Clinical Sonography
Each program has a different scrub colour to differentiate it from the others. Scrub pants and tops are required to be the same colour for each program, and some programs may also require a uniform badge. Please note that slight variations in colour are common between manufacturer dye lots.
- B.Sc.N - Caribbean Ocean Blue Custom logo’d scrub top
- Cardiovascular Technology - Steel Blue
- Diagnostic Clinical Sonography - Hunter Green
- Personal Support Worker - Maroon Custom logo’d scrub top
- Pharmacy Technician - Steel Grey
- Practical Nursing - Ciel Blue Custom logo’d scrub top
- Radiography - Royal Blue
- Radiation Therapy - Navy
- Ultrasonography - Black