In preparation for the increase in Research activities on campus, Procurement, Scientific Stores and the Campus Store have been working in partnership to leverage vendor relationships and explore alternate distribution channels to secure PPE items for the McMaster Community. All PPE items secured through these channels will be made available to researchers and the McMaster community through Scientific Stores, located in HSC 1G1.
The following items have been identified as PPE:
- Masks – Procedure, Surgical, N95, and KN95 of all levels
- Gloves – Nitrile, Vinyl, Latex in all sizes and colours
- Hand Sanitizer – All sizes
- Cleaning Products – Disinfecting Sprays and Wipes
- Antimicrobial/Antiseptic Hand Soaps, Washes and Foams
- Paper Towels
- Face Shields – disposable and reusable
- Isolation Gowns
- Booties/Shoe Covers
- Safety Goggles/Glasses
If placing a large order, please note that it may initially be partially filled, ensuring adequate supply for all areas of campus. As additional supplies arrive, stock will continue to be allocated until your order is filled completely. The University follows Public Health guidance in relation to masks and PPE, please visit https://covid19.mcmaster.ca/ for the latest updates. Please note that these guidelines will be taken into consideration when allocating PPE stock.
In an effort to further assist researchers and labs across campus, the Campus Store has developed an online catalogue of the most frequently purchased items in Scientific Stores. These products are now available for viewing online, with real time on hand inventory levels and stock on order levels displayed. Please visit https://campusstore.mcmaster.ca/stores/ to view this catalogue. If you don’t see a product you regularly use listed, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org to have it added. This catalogue will facilitate placing orders via email, saving researchers time by shipping orders direct to their lab while also reducing travel on campus. Note: due to the high demand and need for PPE items across campus, these products are not currently displayed in the online catalogue. In future these will be added as the demand for PPE diminishes.
To place an order with Scientific Stores – Email email@example.com
Be sure to include:
- List of products and associated quantities
- Full MOSAIC chartfield account number to be charged
- Employee Name & Employee ID number for person making the purchase (in the case of Research accounts this person will need to have signing authority or be a delegate on the account)
- Orders can be shipped to labs or departments or picked up at Scientific Stores located (HSC 1G1) Please specify your preference when ordering and if applicable, include your campus address
Due to the high demand for these items and the priority given to the Health Care sector, Scientific Stores cannot guarantee delivery dates or pricing, but will do its best to fill all orders in a timely fashion. Your patience and understanding in this matter is greatly appreciated.
Misplaced your receipt for a Scientific Store or Campus Store purchase?
Misplaced receipts are now a thing of the past. Make a purchase on your MOSAIC account in the Campus Store or Scientific Store and you can reprint a copy of your receipt at any time:
The page above walks you through the process of locating the information required from your MOSAIC account. Combined with the tool developed by the Campus Store, you can use this information to reprint receipts on demand.